Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm a FrEaK!

I'm a freak! I feel that way. Let me explain. There are some amazing people out there with extreme couponing talent and I am not one of those. I do watch for diaper and wipe coupons. Those things can leave you broke, especially paying full price. Our local grocery store has been running daily promotions that will soon come to an end, for example on Wednesdays you get free milk with your $60 grocery purchase and on Thursdays, it's double your coupon day up to a dollar. What a steal...a $1 coupons turns into a $2...amazing don't ya think? Well, I tried it...shopping with coupons and I feel like a freak. Let me say this, I bought things that I would normally buy and not things that I think I will use or feed my family. The picture you see are the goods I snagged up this morning. So the total for this before taxes was $74.49. Doesn't buy you much if you ask me. After my coupons and before taxes my total came out to be $35.54 with $38.95 in savings. I did a great job for being a newbie. Let me just fill you in, see that toothpaste...my store is running a sale on it for a buck a peice (Colgate). I had coupons for a $1.00 off and they doubled it...so I was actually paid to buy it and the big thing of Dawn dish soap (24 oz), only .59 after my coupons. Yay me! So that my friends is why I feel like a wierdo.

1 comment:

Brody & Roz said...

Nice work! I have been trying to go shopping every thursday just for that reason also. I love the feeling of saving money it makes me so happy!